A few things that I'm feeling and resonating with:
1. Eating better, and improving my digestion. As a person with more Water and Earth elements, my digestion gets sluggish during the Spring.
2. Being more active, so I'm going to start running with some local peeps here on the mountain. Starting today.
3. More recipes! I am having a ton of fun in the kitchen lately. Creating food that heals and nourishes is not only a physical gain, but also a mental one.
4. Expanding my yoga practice. I'd like to master handstands this year, and wheel!
4. Having fun! I have spent the first part of my life doing what I'm supposed to, and I'm tired. Now it's my turn, my highway, my dreams. Dreams or bust!
I began with food, of course. I love to eat and was craving something sweet but hadn't had breakfast. I was inspired and whipped up this Blueberry Chia Chocolate Shake and it was oh so yum! Madre mia, it was more than I imagined it could be, so I'm sharing!
I made a cinnamon and cardamom tea this morning, with 2 cinnamon sticks and 5 cardamom seeds. I reused those same sticks and seeds to boil 1 cup of water and the dates. Just a little background.
Blueberry Chia Chocolate Shake
2 scoops of chocolate protein poweder (I used Neolife)
1/2 c. frozen blueberries
4 dates (boil with cinnamon and cardamom seeds)
Boil the dates in 1 cup of water with cinnamon sticks and cardamom seeds for 2 minutes, then turn off and set aside.
In the blender add, 1 sliced banana, 2 scoops of protein powder, the dates and water (do not add the cinnamon sticks, cardamom seeds are okay), and chia seeds. Once blended place in glass and drink. Yum!
En - joy!